Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
A blessed day to you!
We have compiled below some of the Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQs") about the upcoming MER.
1. What is MER? MER or Marriage Enrichment Retreat is an annual enrichment retreat for married couples made part of the program of Couples For Christ in response to the need for a better understanding and appreciation of God's plan for marriage and family life.
This is made possible through time spent in an atmosphere where God's word is studied, understood and meditated on and the couple-members given time to assess themselves, their relationship, their family life and their roles within the context of God's plan to know God's vision and take practical steps in order to attain the goal God is calling them to and present themselves as a living oblation coming before the Lord.
2. When is this year’s MER will be held?
The MER 2015 will be held on the weekends of 27 TO 28 JUNE 2015.
3. Where is the venue of the MER 2015? The MER 2015 will be held at Le Grandeur Palm Resort Hotel,Johor, Malaysia (for more details about the venue, please visit: http://www.palmresort.com/le-grandeur-hotel-5.aspx)
4. Is MER 2015 open to all CFC Members? The MER is part of the first-year formation program in CFC and usually given six-months after the end of the CLP. Hence, ALL CFC MEMBERS especially the NEW MEMBERS who have completed their CLP in the last 6 months are ENCOURAGED and EXPECTED to join this retreat. To be more specific, the MER are segregated into 2 programs: MER 1 - is OPEN to ALL CFC MEMBERS MER 2 - is OPEN to COUPLE-MEMBERS who have ALREADY PARTICIPATED in MER 1 in previous years.
5. What is the theme of this year's MER? Is it linked to any bible verse? The theme for this year's MER is "LOVE UNLIMITED…INFINITY & BEYOND." This is further strengthened with our anchor verse from the Book of Chronicles: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His LOVE ENDURES FOREVER." (1 Chronicles 16:34). REGISTRATION
6. How to register? Couple-members can register through this link: http://goo.gl/forms/9TcrtDoIQz. Registration can be done by computer or mobile device/smartphones.
7. Registration is open until when? Registration is open UNTIL 22 MAY 2015, Friday.
8. If we already registered and decided that we wanted to have additional family members or extra adult to join us, how can we register them? For those couple-members who have already registered initially and whose registration are already confirmed and decided afterwards that you wanted additional family members or extra adult to join you, may add an additional family members or extra adult by sending us an email at: email@example.com. You also have to prepare the following: - Passport details - Contact number
9. Will there be any pre-registration booth coming up soon? YES, the registration team will set up a pre-registration booth at the following CFC Singapore activities prior to 22 May 2015: a) Joint Prayer Assembly on 1 May 2015, and b) 28th CFC Singapore Anniversary on 9 May 2015
10. If we pre-registered at the CFC Activities, do we still need to register online? YES, you still need to register via the registration link stated on point 6, above. Online registration is necessary to be able to obtain the necessary information of every person coming to the MER 2015. PAYMENT
11. Do we have to pay immediately upon registration? NO. Couple-members do not have to pay immediately upon registration. HOWEVER, we expect all registered couple-members to pay their registration fees ON or BEFORE 22 May 2015.
12. How much is the fees for MER 2015? What does it cover? Similar to previous years, the National Council of Couples For Christ Singapore had provided a subsidy in the registration fee. The Registration Fee is as follows: Room Type Cost (SGD) Twin/ Double Sharing (PER PARTICIPANT) 115.00 Children (aged 5 to 12 y/o) without bed 70.00 Children (aged 5 to 12 y/o) with bed 95.00 Extra Adult (twin/share) 125.00 Single Share Adult 165.00 Notes: • Maximum room occupants: 2 Adults + 2 Children (5-12 y/o) • For Twin Sharing package, minimum of 2 adults in a room • If 1 adult stays in a room together with children, Single Share adult package (SGD 165.00) applies plus applicable child package • Children aged 4 y/o & below are free and to be roomed-in with parents • Children aged 13 y/o & above will be considered as Extra Adult rates The registration fee includes the following: accommodation (bed and lodging), meals and two-way transportation.
13. How can we pay? Registered couple-members will receive an email for payment instruction upon confirmation of your registration. Payments can be made individually or by household or by unit.
14. Is there any further discount on the costs of MER 2015? As much as we wanted to give further discount on the costs stated in point 12, above, the costs of MER 2015 is already subsidized. In addition, since 2014, we are paying the same amount of registration fee BUT with only 4 pick up points! This year, we are expanding the pick up points to 5 to cater to more couple-members in Singapore at the same cost from last year! CHILDREN AND CHILD MINDING
15. We have a child/kids, can we bring them over to the MER? MER is an enrichment retreat for married couples to rekindle their intimate relationship and marriage vows. To benefit more from this and have quality time as husband & wife, we highly encourage participants to come as couples only. However, couple-members who really need to bring their children due to lack of childcare at home or has kids with medical condition/need special attention may do so. COMPLETED MER PROGRAMS
16. My spouse and I had already completed MER 1 and MER 2, is there an MER 3 this year? We regret to inform you that there is NO MER 3 for this year. The MER 3 program is also being revised to cater to the needs of our CFC Singapore leaders.
17. We have completed MER 1 and MER 2 in previous years can we join again as a participant? YES, we will be delighted to see you again in any of the MER program this year. Just follow the registration on point 6, above and relevant registration fee applies.
18. We have completed MER 1 and MER 2 in previous years, is there a way that we can be of help to the Service Team? YES, we will welcome all the help that we can have from our brothers and sisters. However, please take note that relevant registration fees will apply similar to those couple-participants.
We look forward in your registration very soon! See you in the biggest love event of Couples For Christ Singapore...MER 2015!!!
God Bless us all!
CFC MER 2015 Service Team